The El Lago Planning and Zoning Commission meets on an irregular basis determined by the needs of the city.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | View All Agendas and Minutes
The Planning and Zoning Commission consists of 5 members and 2 alternates. Each member is appointed by the Mayor and approved by City Council. The members serve as volunteers without compensation and are resident citizens, taxpayers and qualified voters of the city.
There is a chairman who is elected by the members of the Planning and Zoning Commission. The elected chairman is the zoning official of the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The following are the members of the Planning and Zoning Commission:
Responsibilities & Authorities
- Post notice of meetings 3 days in advance of meetings.
- Post public hearing notices 15 days in advance.
- Keep and maintain official zoning maps.
- Establish and administer rules and regulations, not inconsistent with law, in order to carry out the provisions of the zoning ordinance and establish regular forms and records.
- Maintain a record of all action taken in connection with their duties of the zoning ordinance.
- Review development plans submitted to the city and make any needed recommendations so that the plans are in compliance with the zoning ordinance.