Connect-CTY Emergency Notification System
The City of El Lago will be using the Connect-CTY notification service to send residents and businesses important emergency information such as an evacuation, utility problem or missing child. It can also be used to communicate relevant citywide civic announcements. Participation is 100% free.
Please accept our invitation to participate in this great communication network. With the Connect-CTY service, we can contact you by your home phone. Additionally, you can customize the service to also be contacted via cell phone, email or personal digital assistant (PDA). This may be especially important if you are away from your home during an emergency event such as in an evacuation.
To customize your contact information with your cell phone, email and/or PDA, please visit the Connect-CTY notification service website. You will be linked to a page where your additional contact information can easily be entered.
If you do not have access to a computer, call the City Secretary at 281-326-1951, ext. 111 to have your information customized for you.
Need to remove your information from the call list? If you have moved or no longer wish to receive messages from the City of El Lago, you may remove your name from our calling list via the Connect-CTY notification service website. Select the option to edit or delete my information and follow the prompts.
Please keep in mind that you may select "emergency only" notifications while in that option that would allow you to still be informed in the event of an emergency.
- What is the Connect-CTY service?
- How does the service work?
- What types of messages will be sent using the service?
- Does the Connect-CTY service replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
- Is my telephone number included in the notification database?
- May I use a cell phone as my notification database listing?
- What precautions are being taken to protect personal information?
- Will there be a way to positively identify incoming calls which are made by the city using the system?
- Will the Connect-CTY service work if I have a call screening system on my phone?
- If I am a nonresident home or condominium owner, what phone should be listed in the notification database?
- If I have provided more than 1 phone number, when will the phone numbers be called?
- My primary phone or my 2nd listing is a cell phone with a nonlocal area code. Will the Connect-CTY service call numbers outside the area?
- How does the Connect-CTY system respond to busy signals or no-answer situations?
- I am receiving city notification calls at my fax or my secondary phone line. Can I switch to have the system call my primary phone number?
- I was not able to listen to the entire call. Is there a way to repeat the message?
- I answer the phone, but the “hello” message repeats. It then hangs up, calls back, and the same thing happens again. How can I hear the entire message?