Garbage & Recycling Collection
AmeriWaste is the City's waste removal contractor. For any comments, questions or complaints, they can be contacted via the AmeriWaste customer service office at 281-331-8400.
AmeriWaste looks forward to providing you exceptional service in the City of EI Lago. The following is an outline of services to be provided along with our collection policies:
Daily routes run 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Items must be out for collection by 7:00 a.m.
Your pickup days are Wednesday and Saturday at the backdoor.
- All household waste will be collected at the backdoor or garage area. Containers must be visible from the street. Observed Holidays are New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. If your pickup day falls on an observed holiday, your pickup will resume on your next regular scheduled pickup day.
Heavy Trash is collected on Wednesday at the curb.
- Appliances, furniture, mattresses, and similar items may be placed curbside for collection, provided that they do not exceed 50 pounds in weight and may require additional fees. We cannot go onto private property to remove any items. Appliances that contain refrigerant must be drained and tagged by a certified refrigerant recycler prior to disposal. Water heaters need to be drained. Sheetrock, concrete, lumber, bricks or similar items are considered construction debris and may require additional fees. Please contact our Customer Service Office to have these items picked up.
Green waste is collected on Wednesday at the curb.
- Brush, tree limbs, and clippings should be cut, bundled, tied and no greater than 5 feet in length or 50 pounds in weight. Limit of 10 bags or bundles of green waste per collection day.
Recycle is collected on Wednesday at the curb.
- Recycled products can be combined in one container. Set your trash and recycling container apart from each other. If you cannot fit all your recyclables in your container, place additional items in a cardboard box or in clear bags. If you have excess cardboard, please cut or fold the cardboard into a pile, and tie them into manageable bundles with string or twine. Place the bundles next to your recycling container. Do not use the recycle cart for household trash.
- AmeriWaster has provided an easy to read matrix of items the can and cannot be recycled, as well as additional details. It can be found on the second page of this flyer (PDF). Please feel free to download it for future referral.
If you have any questions, please call the AmeriWaste customer service office at 281-331-8400.